Bed Bug Prevention Guide For Roseville Homeowners
June 24, 2022
Bed bugs are tiny, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They are nearly invisible to the naked eye and can thrive just about anywhere there's a frequent turnover of occupants. This includes college dormitories, hotel rooms, and even Roseville homes.
These blood-feeding pests will have you scratching yourself all night long. Even worse, they multiply like crazy and are hard to eliminate. Hence, when you come across bed bugs, it's important to call pest control in Roseville before the problem worsens.
Why Bed Bugs Are A Problem In Roseville
Bed bugs aren't unique to Roseville; they can be found in all continents except Antarctica. They've been a problem for years but have become more rampant in the last few decades because of:
- Population density: When more and more people live in close quarters, bed bugs can travel between apartments, hotels, and dormitories more easily.
- Increased international travel: As people travel to different parts of the world, they bring bed bugs with them unwittingly in their luggage.
- The weather: Roseville's mild climate means that bed bugs can survive and reproduce year-round.
- Second-hand market: As more and more people buy and sell used furniture, bed bugs move quickly from one piece of furniture to the next.
If you think you may have bed bugs, there are a few tell-tale signs:
- You wake up with itchy red welts on your skin that weren't there when you went to bed.
- You find bloodstains on your sheets or pillowcases.
- You see small, dark spots on your mattress, box spring, or walls.
- Your mattress has an unusual smell.
Prompt treatment is pivotal to getting rid of bed bugs. If you think you have bed bugs, call for professional bed bug pest control in Roseville right away. Don't attempt to treat the problem yourself, as it may only worsen.
Five Bed Bug Prevention Tips Every Roseville Homeowner Should Know
Bed bug control in Roseville starts with prevention. Here are five tips to help you prevent bed bugs in your home:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- Inspect second-hand furniture before bringing it into your home.
- If you travel, inspect your luggage carefully when you return home.
- Wash all of your bedding in hot water regularly.
- Vacuum your carpets and upholstered furniture regularly.
If you follow these tips, you'll be well on your way to preventing bed bugs in your Roseville home. However, even the most vigilant homeowner can still get bed bugs. If you think you have an infestation, don't hesitate to contact bed bug pest control near you.
How To Eliminate Bed Bugs From Your Home
Although there are multiple ways to eliminate bed bugs, the most effective approach is pest control to kill bed bugs in your home. Bed bug eradication isn't a do-it-yourself (DIY) job for a number or reasons, including:
- Bed bugs are difficult to find and identify.
- Bed bugs hide well and are hard to eliminate. If a DIY attempt leaves behind bed bug eggs, the infestation will return in full force.
- Some of the over-the-counter products aren't as safe or effective as professional products.
For a lasting resolution to a bed bug problem, it's best to get local pest control for bed bugs. Professionals have the experience and tools necessary to identify the extent of the infestation, find all of the hiding spots where bed bugs live, and eliminate them.
Call Neighborly Pest Management For Expert Bed Bug Control In Roseville
For local bed bug control near you, call Neighborly Pest Management. We have over 40 years of experience eliminating bed bugs and can help you get your home back to normal.
As a locally owned and operated firm, we understand the unique challenges that Roseville homeowners face regarding pests. Using the best technology and practices, we'll work quickly and efficiently to get rid of bed bugs in your home for good.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Don't let the bed bugs bite!