Cockroaches In Roseville Could Be What's Making You Sick
July 30, 2022
There's nothing like the sound of cockroaches scurrying around in the middle of the night to send a shiver up your spine. These unsightly pests can live just about anywhere, and they're not known for being particular about where they set up shop.
If you've been dealing with a roach infestation, it's time to call in the professionals. Roseville pest control firms have the expertise and tools necessary to get rid of these unwanted guests.
Don't try to take cockroaches on alone - let the experts handle them.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
Roaches are nocturnal creatures, so you're unlikely to see them during the day. If you start seeing cockroaches during daylight hours, that's a sign that your infestation is extensive.
Other signs of a cockroach infestation include:
- Roach droppings: Cockroaches leave behind small, dark droppings that look like coffee grounds.
- Smear marks: Cockroaches secrete an oily substance that leaves smears on surfaces as they travel.
- Egg capsules: Female cockroaches lay egg capsules containing around 40 eggs. These are usually brown or black and about the size of a kidney bean.
- Hearing strange noises: Cockroaches make a hissing noise when threatened. If you hear this sound coming from your walls or cabinets, it's time to call a pest control company.
- Live bugs: This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you see cockroaches crawling around your home, you have an infestation.
Cockroaches are hardy creatures that can survive even in the harshest conditions. This means your over-the-counter cockroach control products are unlikely to make much of a dent in your infestation.
The best way to get rid of cockroaches is to call a professional pest control company. You can rest assured knowing that the job will be done right, and you won't have to deal with these pests anymore.
How Cockroaches Are Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches are more than just a nuisance; they can also be harmful to your health. These pests are linked to multiple health issues, including:
- E. coli and salmonella
- Stomach bugs
Whether you're dealing with German cockroaches or American cockroaches - don't take chances with your health. Contact a nearby pest control firm as soon as you suspect you have an infestation.
Five Tips For Effective Cockroach Control In Roseville
While it's crucial to contact a pest exterminator as soon as you come across a cockroach exoskeleton or cockroach egg sack in your home, there are also steps you can take to make your home less appealing to these pests.
As a Roseville resident, you should:
- Clean your home regularly and vacuum often. The cleaner your home is, the less likely cockroaches are to infest it.
- Fix any leaks. Moisture attracts cockroaches, so leaking pipes and fixtures are like a beacon for these pests.
- Store food in sealed containers. Food is another attractant for cockroaches, so it's essential to keep your pantry and cabinets clean and clutter-free.
- Don't let garbage build-up. Unsealed garbage bags are an invitation for cockroaches, so ensure to take the trash out often.
- Seal up cracks and crevices. Cockroaches can squeeze through tiny openings, so it's essential to seal any cracks or holes in your walls and floors.
- Adhering to these tips can help you avoid a cockroach infestation, but it's always best to err on the side of caution and contact pest control at the first sign of these pests.
Professionals can quickly and effectively eliminate your cockroach problem so you can rest easy knowing your home is pest-free.
How To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Home
Ultimately, the best way to keep cockroaches away is with help from a professional pest control company. For quick and effective cockroach control in Roseville, contact the experts at Neighborly Pest Management.
All our technicians are licensed and insured, and we have over 40 years of experience in the industry. We offer various services, including one-time treatments, monthly plans, and even green pest control options.
We understand how frustrating it can be to share your home with cockroaches, so we'll work quickly to eliminate your infestation.
Speak with one of our friendly representatives today to schedule a free consultation. We'll help you choose the best course of action for your unique situation and give you a price quote.