How To Effectively Get Rid Of A Rat Infestation Around Your Roseville Home
September 16, 2022
Rat control is essential for Roseville homeowners. While no one wants any rodents in their home, you especially don’t want rats. These pests are much larger than other rodents, meaning they can cause significantly more damage to your home and personal belongings. At Neighborly Pest Management, we specialize in providing the highest quality pest control in Roseville, focusing on superior rat control. Read on to learn how to identify a rat infestation and how to keep them out of your home once and for all!
How To Tell If It's Rats Scurrying Around Your House
Understanding how to spot the signs of rats in your home is important. While the signs can look similar to that of other rodents, because of the massive size difference, you will find that a group of rats in your home will present much differently than other rodents. Below are some of the signs of rats to keep an eye out for:
- Chewing: Rats constantly chew because their teeth are always growing. With teeth much larger than other rodents’, rats will chew on everything. Look for chew marks on cardboard boxes, wooden furniture, and packaging.
- Droppings: A group of rats in your home will leave a lot of excrement behind. Rat droppings resemble pepper kernels, and they will be present anywhere the rats are hanging out.
- Holes in the wall: One of the ways rats get inside your home is by chewing holes in the siding of your home. Holes in your wall could indicate that rats have forced their way inside.
At Neighborly Pest Management, we have over 40 years of experience identifying, exterminating, and preventing rat infestations. If you have noticed these signs in your home, give us a call for help removing them today!
The Damage And Dangers Of A Rat Infestation In Your Home
Getting rid of rats as soon as you find them in your home is incredibly important. Rat control in Roseville is crucial because of the ability for diseases to spread rapidly. Below are some of the damage and dangers of these pests and why you should contact the professionals at Neighborly Pest Management for help today:
- Salmonella: One of the most common diseases rats carry is salmonella. As these pests scurry across your counters, or anywhere you store or prepare food, anyone who eats in your home can contract this disease. This is a serious food poisoning illness, and symptoms include fever, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Hantavirus: You don’t have to be bitten or scratched by a rat to get sick. For example, Hantavirus is spread as rat urine and feces turn to dust, eventually spreading particles in the air. By breathing these pathogens in, you can contract this virus. Symptoms include fever, chills, and aches and pains. If left untreated, Hantavirus can cause severe shortness of breath and can progress to kidney failure, which makes it even more important to get rid of rats fast.
- Damage to your home: Rats are incredibly destructive. They destroy your personal belongings, shred your insulation and paper material for their nests, and chew through walls and wires all around your home.
There are many other diseases rats carry, as well as a never-ending list of damage they can cause to your home. At Neighborly Pest Management, our expert technicians remove rat infestations without anyone getting sick. Call for expert rat removal today!
The Safe And Effective Way To Remove Rats From Your Home
When it comes to the health and wellbeing of you and your family, you can never be too cautious. Neighborly Pest Management has been keeping Roseville homes free from rat infestations and the problems they cause for nearly 50 years. Our technicians arrive on the scene highly trained and armed with the most advanced tools on the professional market, ready to safely remove dangerous pests. We also offer a completely organic and eco-friendly treatment plan if that is something you prefer. Don’t risk your health and safety -- call us today for the most superior rat control in Roseville!
Four Easy Rodent Exclusion Tips To Prevent Future Rat Infestations
The good news is that rat infestation prevention methods also help to repel other types of pests in Roseville as well! Below are four easy ways to prevent dangerous pests from entering your home:
- Seal up holes. Step one is to seal up any holes you find in the siding of your home. No matter how small they are, seal them up because rats can squeeze through even the tiniest holes.
- Remove access to food. Keep your trash bins tightly secured, and be sure to remove food waste from your home and yard as soon as it’s made to reduce the overall appeal of your home.
- Maintain your yard. Remove organic debris from your yard, such as shrubs, sticks, and leaf litter, as this attracts rats and other pests to your yard.
- Secure your pantries: Keep your food in chew-proof containers and make sure to clean up food and drink spills immediately.
If you are still having issues with rats breaking into your home and setting up shop, don’t despair. For the best pest control in Roseville, give the experts at Neighborly Pest Management a call today!