How To Get Rid Of Ants On Your Roseville, CA Property
September 24, 2021
Do you regularly have trouble with ants inside your Roseville home? If so, it is easy to think that you are doing something wrong. Although this might be the case, you shouldn't think about it as 'you doing something wrong.' Most homeowners don’t take time to research ants to understand why they invade homes. The same cannot be said for you, seeing that you are here today. To reward you for your efforts, here is everything you need to know to help you rid your Roseville property of ants.
Why Ants Invade Roseville Homes
Ants are opportunity-seeking pests, meaning, they are always on the lookout for ways to better their life and the life of their colony. One way ants do this is by invading homes to search for food, water, and shelter. The kicker is, your home doesn’t have to be dirty to attract these pests. Ants find food and moisture in a variety of places, including pantries, countertops, sinks, trash cans, and pet dishes. During colder seasons and times of inclement weather, some species of ants will invade properties to find shelter. If ants build a nest inside your walls this winter, you will be dealing with these pests straight through till spring.
How Ants Get Indoors
Ants get into homes in a variety of ways. Most species use holes, gaps, and cracks found in exterior foundations to find their way indoors. Carpenter ants, in particular, chew their way into homes through structural wood. In fact, it is inside structural wood that these pests build their nests. This is incredibly problematic and often results in damage that is expensive to fix.
Exclusion Tips For Ants
Keeping ants outside is a delicate art form that involves addressing entry points and factors that draw ants in. To help you on your journey to an ant-free home, here are some exclusion tips to start with.
- Use a caulking gun or some liquid cement to fill in cracks, gaps, and holes in your home’s exterior foundation and spacing around window/door frames.
- Check your home’s window/door screens to make sure they are in good condition.
- Install door sweeps beneath exterior doors leading out of your home.
- Address damage to weatherstripping.
- Repair larger damage to your home’s exterior that might give ants a way to get inside.
Other Ways To Keep Ants Out Of Your Home
To take your ant control to the next level, your next step is to eliminate sources that draw these pests in, in the first place. Here are six practical ways to do this around your Roseville home and property.
- Make sure your trash cans have pest-proof lids.
- Thoroughly clean your home every week.
- Wipe up drink spills and pick up food messes as they occur.
- Clean up after your pets.
- Keep your living areas as clean and tidy as you can.
- Organize your storage areas and keep clutter in your home to a minimum
The Absolute Best Method To Eliminate Ants
Most people do not have the time or energy to follow every step needed to prevent ants on their own. If you would rather leave ant control to the professionals, consider letting the experts at Neighborly Pest Management lend you a helping hand. We would be honored to provide your property with the tools it needs to effectively eliminate and keep away annoying, dangerous, and destructive ants.
Call us today to get in touch with one of our friendly service representatives. We will walk you through your options and help you find a plan that fits your individual needs.