The Most Effective Termite Control Method For Your Roseville Property
September 9, 2022
Forty years of providing the most superior pest control in Roseville, CA has shown the expert technicians at Neighborly Pest Management that termites might just be the worst type of infestation you can have. Termites can, at best, cost you thousands of dollars in damage repair. At worst, they can ruin the structural integrity of your home and make it unsafe to live in. Read on to learn more about these pests, and why seeking the professional help of technicians at Neighborly Pest Management is your best hope against these pests.
About The Life Cycle Of Subterranean Termites
There are two kinds of termites here in Roseville: drywood termites and subterranean termites. Subterranean termites are interesting because they cannot survive in normal air temperatures, and they build mud tubes that keep the air around them at a perfect, ambient temperature to survive. To understand why your DIY methods won’t work on these pests, it’s important to understand their lifecycle:
- Termite eggs: Like all insects, the subterranean termite starts off as an egg. The queen lays the eggs (typically), which are white in color and very small.
- Nymphs: Eventually, when the termite eggs hatch, the larvae become what we call ‘nymphs.’ As the nymph is growing, they will shed their skins (or molt) and grow into adults.
- Castes: There are different social castes within a termite colony. This includes worker termites, soldiers, and reproductive termites. It is not clear how these roles are assigned to individual termites, however, we do know that adult termites can continue to grow and change to a different caste, depending on the colony’s needs.
The professionals at Neighborly Pest Management flush out entire termite infestations, ensuring not even one single pest is left behind to restart the infestation.
Why Termites Infest And Destroy Wooden Structures
Active termites have special bacteria in their gut called protozoa. This bacteria gives them the ability to digest wood products. This, along with the fact that they want to be in dark, safe places to build their nests and reproduce, is what drives them to infest and destroy all wooden structures. The wooden beams that hold up your home, your wooden floorboards, and the sidings of your walls are the perfect environment for these pests to thrive, regardless of whether your active termites are drywood termites or subterranean termites.
Do-It-Yourself Termite Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
There are hundreds of over-the-counter and DIY termite treatments out there on the market today. Unfortunately, every one of these is a waste of your precious time and money. They are simply not strong enough to flush out an entire termite colony and destroy them. Some of these DIY methods can actually attract termites! Regardless of the product or solution you’ve concocted yourself, below are some reasons why they won’t work:
- Size of colonies: Termite colonies are huge. While you may be successful in killing a handful of termites, rest assured that there are many more hiding behind your walls. The presence of any termites always means there are hundreds more not far away.
- They are hard to locate: Termites are totally blind and seek cover in dark places, such as in your walls and floors, making them difficult to track down.
- Termites don’t need a queen to survive: As stated earlier, even if you kill their queen, termites can continue to reproduce without her. So if you think you’ve killed the whole colony because you killed the queen, you are mistaken.
Technicians with Neighborly Pest Management show up armed with the toughest termite treatments available on the professional pest control market. Coupled with a deep understanding of termite behavior and mannerisms, they permanently eliminate your entire infestation, stopping the damage in its tracks. Don’t risk your home’s structure -- contact us today!
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Termite Infestation
The best way to get rid of termites in Roseville is to get ahead of the infestation by scheduling a professional termite inspection with the pros at Neighborly Pest Management. A termite inspection gives you time to get ahead of a potential problem, saving you thousands of dollars and weeks of worry. Let’s work together to keep your home secure today -- give us a call!