The Trick To Getting Rid Of Roaches In Your Roseville Home
January 10, 2023
California has recently seen its cockroach population explode, and Roseville is no exception. The warm, balmy atmosphere attracts cockroaches and eventually brings them inside your home. If you've never had the misfortune of living with a cockroach infestation, you're unprepared for just how difficult it can be to eliminate, at least on your own.
To better help Roseville homeowners like yourself, we've written this brief guide to identifying signs of an infestation and how roaches can impact your health. You'll see why professional roach pest control is the fastest and most thorough way to reclaim your home. If you need pest control services in Roseville, don't hesitate to contact us at Neighborly Pest Management.
Clear Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation In Your Home
While roaches prefer to stay hidden, they still leave evidence of their presence everywhere. You may think that just because you haven't seen a roach means your home is pest-free.
However, these signs of a cockroach problem prove otherwise:
- You find inexplicable stains in your bed: Cockroaches feed on blood and, as a result of overfeeding, will expel some as they travel across your bed. Look for rust-colored splotches in sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and mattresses.
- You spot streaks along the floor: Cockroach droppings break down into liquid in warm settings, creating brownish smudges as they track through it. Since roaches are more likely to defecate near their nest, these smudges signify high activity nearby.
- You notice a strong, musky odor: The cockroaches in your home produce a strong, pungent smell that only intensifies as their numbers increase. But even a single cockroach will make a strong enough scent to catch your attention.
There are other characteristics of cockroaches that give an infestation away. Our professional roach control specialists know all the signs and can teach them to you as part of an inspection. The sooner you spot the signs, the faster you can act.
Why Roaches Are So Hazardous To Your Health
Cockroaches in Roseville are filthy insects notorious for spreading diseases to humans. They contaminate surfaces simply by walking across them and will leave bacteria on the food they touch. Some of the most debilitating diseases they cause are E. coli and typhoid fever.
Effectively exterminating cockroaches must include extensive sanitation of an infested home; otherwise, you will still feel their impact. Therefore, our team performs thorough post-extermination cleaning to prevent dangerous diseases from spreading to you and your family.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Cockroach Infestation In Your Home
If you want to know how to get rid of cockroaches at your Roseville home, the answer is simple: call professional pest control services. Homeowners cannot end an infestation with traps and home remedies; there are too many roaches.
Any treatment plan needs to be comprehensive, lest a roach survives and starts the cycle anew. Roach control services from Neighborly Pest Management utilize cockroach control products and techniques that effectively target your entire home. We also provide follow-up visits to confirm that the infestation is over.
Naturally Effective Ways To Prevent Cockroaches
Of course, the best form of cockroach control in Roseville is to prevent them from ever appearing in your home. Thankfully, you can achieve this by understanding cockroach behaviors.
Adapt these habits if you want to avoid dealing with an infestation in the future:
- Keep your garbage cans sealed: Roaches will scavenge bins for something to eat and will chew through garbage bags looking for food. Don't leave your cans uncovered, and lock the lids in place if you can.
- Fix any leaks on your property: Roaches will nest near water sources, and even small leaks will catch their attention. Check your pipes and other fixtures and repair any damage that would cause leaks.
- Store and seal your food properly: Open containers, scraps on the counter, and odious expired food give roaches an incentive to explore your home. Don't wait to clean up crumbs and store food properly in air-tight containers.
Don't fight a losing battle against invasive cockroaches! Instead, call Neighborly Pest Management to eradicate roaches and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Roseville. We'll work with you to eliminate pests and keep them out!