How To Keep Mice Away From Your Folsom, CA Home
November 20, 2021
No Folsom homeowner should be passive or nonchalant about getting ongoing pest remediation. Hardly any insects or creatures are innocent. They can wreck buildings and personal belongings and send you to the emergency room. If you aren’t injured by a critter’s bite, scratch, or sting, you might be exposed to harmful germs. Species that are rapid procreators are hazardous. Mice are so prolific; there’s almost no such thing as seeing “just one.”
Mice are a constant irritant because they are dependent on humans for food, water, and shelter. Avoiding or keeping them away is not easily done, especially when it’s simple for them to get indoors. Learn more about the operation of these animals, so you can get a better idea of how to beat them. Neighborly Pest Management can be of assistance.
How Do Mice Behave? What Are the Risks?
House mice are unrelenting invaders of domiciles, as their name reveals. Black, brown, or gray fur wraps their seven-inch-long bodies. However, their stomach is a lighter shade. Despite their size, they’re flexible enough to get through holes ½ of an inch in diameter. They can always use their teeth if they have trouble, though. When in your space, rodents will settle in low-traffic zones that are dark and humid. For instance, cabinets, basements, and structural voids. Wooded and grassy areas are rife with house mice; stay alert if your property is near such a place.
To file down their growing teeth, mice will chew on anything. They are partial to walls, wires, and piping. Cosmetic damage, electrical outages, fires, and plumbing defects usually result from this activity. Managing these issues can be distressing and costly. Unfortunately, the crises don’t stop there. Vermin are known for cultivating illnesses like lymphocytic choriomeningitis, hantavirus, and salmonella. Since they have microbes and parasites in their hairs, mice may taint your surfaces and food. Further, bacteria exist in their feces, urine, and saliva. More germs attach to them when they journey through gutters, alleys, and dumpsters.
Infestation signs are as follows:
- Finding rod-like feces that have blunt ends
- Seeing footprints with four front toes and five back toes
- Hearing squeaking and scratching sounds
- Noticing bite marks on cords and foundations
- Detecting persistent foul odors
Is There a Way to Prevent Mice?
Preventative practices have to be maintained if you expect a home without mice. Once more, these vermin can work their way indoors without much effort. Also, it won’t be long before they start multiplying. Perform these tasks:
- Get rid of clutter.
- Thoroughly wash your dishes and clean your kitchen on a routine basis.
- Frequently vacuum carpeting, and sweep and mop floors.
- Put food and trash in airtight canisters. This includes pet meals.
- Have moisture breakdowns and leaks repaired as soon as possible.
- Close openings in foundations, windows, doors, and utilities. Use steel wool because they can gnaw plastic and rubber.
- Flush out your drains, gutters, and vents regularly.
- Distance plants from the property by at least two feet.
- Cut the grass and trim the greenery often.
How Will Neighborly Pest Management Handle Mice?
Mice tend to stay in tough to reach spots. You’ll struggle to access key corners with retail traps or pesticides. These avenues are only mildly effective anyway. They might be noxious, but they can’t trump an infestation. We at Neighborly Pest Management have safe home pest control treatments and tools that are industrial-grade. Our skilled technicians will use strategic traps, exclusion methods, and sanitation products for attics. When you call or email us today, you’ll be offered a free inspection! Protect your property and health now!