How To Prevent Spiders In Your Roseville Home
October 10, 2022
Preventing spiders in your Roseville home doesn’t need to be as complicated as you think. There are several ways to get rid of spiders naturally, with prevention techniques approved by Roseville pest control specialists.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
All types of spiders share common characteristics and behaviors that are important to learn if you want to prevent and deter infestations of these pests in your Roseville home. Every spider you will encounter in the area, dangerous or not, will have two body segments, eight legs, six or eight eyes, and a specific coloration or set of markings on their bodies.
Additionally, all spider species come to your home due to easy access to food, water, or shelter. Many spiders will spin their webs around your home to catch food and live safely. You can expect to encounter most spider species in dark, secluded, and cluttered areas, as these are favorite hiding spots.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
Most of the spiders you come across in Roseville are virtually harmless; though they may be frightening, there are a few dangerous spiders in California that should keep you on guard. The most venomous spiders in the area are the black widow spider and the yellow sac spider. These spiders can deliver bites that result in serious symptoms such as pain, fever, muscle aches or spasms, vomiting, and nausea. They may also trigger allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.
If you suspect a bite by one of these spiders, or have trouble breathing and swallowing after receiving any spider bite, you should be seeking out proper medical attention immediately.
Six Easy And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
The following six prevention tips are some of the best ways to get rid of spiders and make your property less hospitable to this pest.
- Seal cracks around your home’s windows, doors, and foundation to keep this pest out for good.
- Use window and door screens and weather stripping, and keep exterior entrances closed when possible to prevent spiders from wandering inside.
- Address pest prey issues around your home with the help of Neighborly Pest Management to remove accessible spider food sources.
- Refrain from leaving out trash, dirty dishes, and food and drink spills, as these attract both spiders and their pest prey.
- Fix all leaks and drainage issues that contribute to excess pools of water, as these will bring spiders and pest prey.
- Keep outdoor areas clear of long grasses and debris, and store woodpiles far away from your home to reduce spider hiding spots.
For more information on easy spider prevention tips, reach out to Neighborly Pest Management and benefit from expert advice.
Quality Pest Control Makes The Best Spider Control
The best way to get rid of spiders from your Roseville property is by contacting Neighborly Pest Management for quality, reliable pest control. Our team stops at nothing to ensure that we remove spider infestations from your property and that you and your loved ones are safe from this potentially dangerous pest. Plus, we always use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methodology, which helps us contain active infestations and eliminate the conditions that may lead to future spider problems. When you trust in us, you’re sure to receive spider control that keeps your home safe in the long run.
Contact us today to learn more or get started with the ultimate spider protection for your Roseville home.