Flea Control: Flea Extermination & Removal In Sacramento
April 28, 2022
There are lots of different problems you deal with on a daily basis. Whether you are dealing with issues at work, needing to figure out how to get something fixed in your Sacramento home, or trying to find a way to get the kids to their after-school activities, you are always on the go and rarely have a minute to spare. That's why spotting a few fleas on the family dog is the last thing you need at this time. Not only are you worried about the health of the dog, but you know having a flea infestation can lead to larger problems. That is why partnering with Neighborly Pest Management, the best at pest control in Sacramento, will not only take care of your flea problem for you but will allow you to use your time on the more important problems that life is throwing at you. Read on to learn more about these pesky fleas and how Neighborly Pest Management can help.
What Causes A Flea Infestation?
Fleas are experts at hitching rides on the backs of rodents, pets, and other animals, using their strong legs to leap onto them. In this way, they gain passage into your home, as your flea-ridden pet or other animal gains access to the inside. Another way they can get into your home is through any used rugs or furniture you bring into your home. You will want to thoroughly inspect any used item that may be contaminated with fleas before bringing it inside. Also, if you have been to any parks, campgrounds, or other outdoor spaces, fleas can leap onto your clothing and use you as a vehicle of passage. Once they are in your home, they will multiply quickly, so you will want to get rid of fleas at the first sign of them.
The Problem With Fleas In Your Home
A flea infestation in your Sacramento home can lead to several problems. The spread of diseases from a flea is only one of the threats it can pose. Here are the main problems associated with fleas:
- They are intermediate hosts for tapeworms and can transmit them to both animals and people.
- Animals with large flea infestations often develop anemia, which will make them very ill and possibly kill them.
- If you are allergic to flea saliva, you may develop itchy dermatitis. Constantly scratching at these bites can also lead to a secondary infection.
- Even if a few fleas get into your home, it can lead to a large infestation, since they are such prolific breeders. A large flea infestation is extremely difficult to eliminate.
If you feel you can’t get rid of fleas on your own, finding pest control in Sacramento to aid you with this task will be the key to making your home flea-free. The professionals at Neighborly Pest Management are always ready to assist you with your flea problem.
What To Do About Fleas
Partnering with Neighborly Pest Management is the best way to deal with problems with fleas. Here are some prevention tips that will assist you in keeping fleas off of your Sacramento property:
- Vacuum your home regularly, especially areas where your pets frequently occupy.
- Consult with your veterinarian on a flea preventative product for your pets that will keep them safe from fleas year-round.
- Do not bring used rugs or furniture into your home that may already have fleas hiding in them.
- Keep your grass cut short and trim back overgrown vegetation on your property.
- Patch up any entry points on the exterior of your home that might allow flea-covered rodents inside.
- Keep locking lids on outdoor trash bins that may attract rodents and other animals.
Prevention is key for flea control, so practicing these tips could save you a lot of trouble with having to deal with a flea infestation.
How To Prevent Fleas
If you can’t get rid of fleas on your own, partnering with a Sacramento pest control company will be your best bet for flea control. In business since 1978, Neighborly Pest Management has more than 40 years of pest control experience. We are a family-owned, locally-operated business. We offer traditional and organic treatment options and have a service-back guarantee, which means if pests return after our service, we’ll return to re-treat at no additional charge. We take pride in helping our neighbors rid their homes of pests so they can live happy, healthy, and pest-free lives. If you need to get rid of fleas or any other pests, contact us today to schedule an appointment.