How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Sacramento Home?
December 5, 2022
Most Americans have come across a bedbug at some point in their lives because you can find them anywhere as long as people congregate there. The last thing you would want as a Sacramento homeowner is to see them in your home and get bitten by them. Bed bugs are nocturnal, so they will come out at night when they sense that you are sleeping and feed on your blood.
Once you wake up, you will feel itchy in all the places where a bed bug has bitten you. It's the most uncomfortable feeling you can have, denying you the peace and happiness you deserve in your own home. You will find yourself searching online for the best pest control in Sacramento. Luckily for you, Neighborly Pest Management can come to your aid and offer you unmatched Sacramento pest control services. We know where to find them in your house and the best methods of tackling the problem. We also follow up to ensure the problem has not recurred and you enjoy living on your property as you should.
Here are helpful tips and information to help you handle a bedbug infestation in your Sacramento home.
How Can I Tell If It's Bed Bugs In My Home?
There are different ways of knowing if there are bedbugs in your home. Some of these are;
- Moldy smell; bedbugs give off a moldy smell that is unmistakable.
- Dirt; you may notice black droppings, which are bedbug's fecal matter, or yellowish skin sheddings and eggshells.
- Blood spots; you may see blood spots on your bed which could signify that you might have unknowingly killed a bedbug.
- Bedbug; you can also see a bed bug or a few running around looking for a hiding place.
- Bed bug bites; they are itchy and painful. And what do bed bug bites look like, you might ask? They look like small reddish bumps and form a line or zig-zag design.
If you see any of these bed bug signs, know that you have a bed bug infestation that needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. It's easy to clear a bed bug infestation if you have the right tools to do it and use the proper techniques. Doing it yourself cannot yield the desired results because you may lack experience, which is why it's essential to enlist the help of professionals.
Are Bed Bug Bites Dangerous?
Bed bug bites are dangerous because they can trigger an allergic reaction in a person and cause anemia. It can be fatal if a qualified person does not treat an allergic reaction.
Why Do I Have Bed Bugs In My Home?
Bed bugs can enter your home in various ways. They would cling to your clothes or suitcases if you passed through an infested area. The infested place can be a library, office building, school, motel, or public transportation. You will unknowingly give them a ride as they hide in your items, and then with time, they will reproduce and increase in number exponentially.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Home?
Fortunately, several effective ways of dealing with the bed bug menace exist. These are;
- Declutter your home because bed bugs like to hide in rooms with clutter.
- Ensure that you vacuum your home frequently. Like with most pests, cleaning your area is crucial to make it difficult for the bed bugs to settle in the space and wreak havoc.
- Apply the hot or steam treatment. High temperatures can kill these bugs, so wash your clothes with hot water and steam those household things that can't withstand the hot treatment.
- Focus on the bed. Wash all your beddings with hot water and dry them on high heat while following the manufacturer's instructions. Move the bed about six inches from the wall to prevent bed bugs from hiding behind the wallpaper and remove any clutter under your bed. Cleaning the mattress will require the help of pest control experts, so you need to consider bringing them in. Find a company with high-quality yet affordable pest control services in Sacramento to ensure you effectively get rid of bed bugs.
- Hire experts and cooperate with them. Allow them to easily access all the affected areas, including closets, furniture, and walls.
Eliminating bed bugs can be a daunting task for any homeowner in Sacramento. This is why professional bed bug control comes in handy. They are knowledgeable about pests, where to look for them, and the best way to treat them. They will offer customized services because no two pest control issues are similar.
Some areas they will check for these bugs are power outlets, appliances, box springs, behind wall hangings or wallpaper, cracks in the bed headboard or frame, chairs, sofas, and mattress seams. Neighborly Pest Management has been in the industry for some years now, and we know we have what it takes to do professional bed bug extermination and make your home a haven again.