Keeping Ants Away From Your Sacramento Home
May 7, 2022
If you want to keep ants away from your Sacramento home, you should be investing in ant control in your house and ant control in your yard. Professional Sacramento pest control can help you implement effective ant control solutions all-around your property.
The Problem With Ants Around Your Home
When ants invade your home, they bring with them significant problems – health risks and the risk of being bitten. Certain ants may also present a danger of damaging your home, which can lead to costly repairs. The most common types of ants you may encounter in Sacramento include:
- Carpenter Ants
- Argentine Ants
- Pavement Ants
- Odorous House Ants
- Pharaoh Ants
Any of these ants may track bacteria into your home, contaminate food storage and preparation areas, and bite the individuals in your home (this is especially dangerous if you or a loved one has an allergy to insect bites). Ant control in Sacramento is essential to avoid contracting an illness brought on by ants or risking your home being damaged.
Ant Entry Points
Ants may enter into your home many different ways, which is why proactive ant control in your house and ant control in your yard is so important. Below, we discuss the main ways that ants can enter your home:
- Through gaps or cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation of your home
- Through doors or windows that remain open for extended periods
- Via the roof, after dropping off overhanging foliage
- Through utility entrances points or other areas that lead from the outside of your home to the inside
Four Ways To Prevent Ants
To deter ants from entering your home in the first place and stop infestations of this pest from growing out of control, you can follow our top four prevention tactics for ants:
- Seal up potential ant entry points by fixing cracks and gaps around your home. Also, put sturdy window and door screens into place and keep exterior entrances closed as often as possible. Repair roofs so no gaps remain there either.
- Trim back overhanging foliage that comes close to your home’s roof and trim up trees and shrubs. Remove debris from your yard like fallen branches and leaf litter, and make sure the grass stays trimmed low. This will make the are less desirable to ants.
- Ensure that all leftover food is stored correctly and consider airtight containers for pantry areas. Place all waste in trash bags that can be tightly sealed and utilize outdoor trash cans with tight lids on them to prevent ants from being attracted to the aroma or scavenging.
- Address moisture issues around your home as excess pools of water attract ants. Make sure that you fix up leaks and clear out gutters to ensure proper outdoor drainage.
Call The Pros To Deal With Ants
If you want to know how to get rid of ants for good, you should contact our professionals at Neighborly Pest Management for effective ant control at the first sign of a problem. Our specialists at Neighborly Pest Management are highly trained in ant identification and can put into place customized ant control solutions that fully eliminate any infestation problem that you may be having.
Trust professional ant control in Sacramento to rid your home of this small, biting pest, and contact Neighborly Pest Management today.