The Key To Getting Rid Of Rats Around Your Roseville Home
October 17, 2022
To get rid of rats around your Roseville home, you should look for signs of rats invading and trust professional Roseville pest control to provide you with expert rat control solutions.
How To Identify A Rat Infestation In Your House
Rat infestations may start unnoticed at first, but as invasions of this pest grow in your home, you will likely notice some telltale infestation signs. Visual sightings of rats around the exterior and interior of your property will accompany an infestation. You may also see this pest running around kitchens, basements, and attics or disappearing into walls.
Additionally, rats are constantly chewing and gnawing, and a rat infestation will leave chew, gnaw, and scratch marks around your property. You are also likely to see nesting materials left around your home, rat urine or droppings, or grease marks on the wall caused by the rats’ movements.
The Dangerous Diseases Rats Are Known To Spread
Contracting a disease caused by Roseville rats is easy when this pest invades your home in large numbers and contaminates your surfaces, food storage areas, and stored items. The diseases that rats carry can be serious and include illnesses such as hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, tularemia, rat-bite fever, and salmonella.
All different species of rats also carry parasitic pests in their furs like fleas, ticks, and mites. Once these pests enter your home, they can spread diseases like the bubonic plague, Lyme disease, and tapeworms. Because rats are dangerous, you should treat this invader with caution and let the professionals at Neighborly Pest Management eradicate infestations of this pest.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats In Your House
The safest and most effective way to ensure the removal of rats from your home is to skip the DIY treatments and contact Neighborly Pest Management at the first sign of a problem. Our team knows how to remove rats that invade your home utilizing an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to eliminate active invaders and prevent future infestation problems. With our help, you won’t need to face down rats alone and expose yourself to their dangers – let us at Neighborly Pest Management return your home to the safe space you deserve.
Five Natural Ways To Keep Rats From Returning
If you want to keep rats from returning, you can implement these five expert rodent prevention tips to deter infestations naturally:
- Seal gaps around windows, doors, and your home’s roof and foundation to stop rats from squeezing inside these areas. Use a chew-proof material like steel wool.
- Use mesh screens over vented areas in crawl spaces or attics to prevent rats from invading through these gapped areas.
- Always dispose of trash in tightly sealed bags and utilize trash cans with tight-fitting lids to prevent rats from being attracted to your property with an easy food source.
- Never leave out leftover food, dirty dishes, or food and drink spills, as these aromas attract hungry rats to your property. Also, consider using airtight storage containers in food pantry areas to protect stored items.
- Address moisture issues that lead to excess pools of water around the exterior and interior areas that may attract thirsty rats.
Don’t hesitate to contact Neighborly Pest Management for more information or assistance controlling rats on your property.